Our Planning Process
Prior to our first meeting we want you to discuss with your family your plans, and come up with a wish list of needs and wants for your outdoor project, as well think about a budget so we don’t over or under plan your project. We know this is a hard and sometime sensitive item, so feel free to ask us ideas and ranges in cost to help narrow your project to the best fit.
How important is a plat of survey?
Your plat of survey is a document that is very helpful for our architects to be more accurate using the measurements off of this to find exact property lines, building limit lines, and easement areas so we can propose a scaled real life 2D or 3D plan along with are site visit to give you a better fit landscape or Hardscape Design plan. (if you’re not failure with your plat of Survey, let us know and we can help, otherwise it usually can be found in your original home closing package if not a copy can be obtained by the local village or county).
- Our estimator and/or architects will walk through your project and listen to your project goals.
- We will take notes, measurements, and pictures of many areas to get a greater understanding of your project.
- What are your time lines to complete the project?
- What project items are must have items?
- What design ideas do you not care for?
- We will provide you with a general idea of the timeline it will take to complete your project.
- Second meetings usually are scheduled 1 week to 10 days in the early spring, but may vary during our busy season.
- We will present you the first plan and proposal of your project.
- We will go over all the details the plan and proposal of your project.
- We will take note of any changes or revisions of your plan or proposal.
- Revisions can take from 3 to 5 days and a follow-up meeting is scheduled to discuss further changes, scheduling and moving forward.
- Discussion of financing options, deposit requirements will be discussed. We offer 18 months same as cash, no interest and no payments for 18 months with no money down. Finance terms can be 3-year, 5- year and 10-year terms.
- We help you with choosing all the products from hardscape pavers, walls, planting, wood work, stain colors, etc.
- We will provide catalog samples and/or ask you to visit one of our design centers to see the products in person.
- we will help with the documentation needed, if you require HOA (Home Owner’s Association) approval.
- We take care of all the permitting process, permits, inspections, utility locates to completion.
- Emails or phone call communication to provide you with updates on status of permits and start date of your project.
- We will come out the day before of day of depending on your schedule and introduce you to the crew.
- We always mark the project area, depending on demolition of old patios, decks, etc., either before or after to indicate the location of the work area agreed to.
- We mark out the areas, with either marking paint or flags, to provide everyone a better idea of the size and scope of the project.
- Our foreman, and superintended will be on site daily to communicate with you. Most projects seem to require alterations, so if changes need to be made, they are available on site.
- Project walk throughs as needed.
- Final walk through
- Final building inspection if necessary.
- Discussion regarding the Warranty
- Final Photos for your collection.
- Final payment due or financing options.
- We schedule a one year walk through with you to ensure the project is in good health and make note of any corrections needed.
- We will schedule a convenient time to come back and make any correction noted.
- All warranties generally are from 3 to 10 years from completion of your project, details will be provided.
- We encourage you to Contact us anytime with any concerns.